A small town which, in addition to two manors, offers uniqueness in the form of a viaduct and the entrance gate to the beautiful surrounding nature.
The town of Hanušovce nad Topľou is located in the north-eastern part of Slovakia in the valley of the Topľa River. Its territory is part of the Beskydy foothills and the Hanušovská pahorkatina Uplands, and the Slánske vrchy Hills, which stretch to the south-west of the town, also extend marginally.
In Hanušovce nad Topľou there are rare historical-architectural and historical-technical monuments, out of which we will mention at least the early Gothic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, the Renaissance-Baroque manor of the Dessowffy (also spelled as Dežöfi) family and a series of four viaducts from 1939-1943, the largest of which is located directly above Hanušovce, and is built in an arch and at the time of its creation was one of the largest one in Central Europe.
All visitors of the city are welcome to step inside the Museum of natural history with its permanent exhibitions, occasional exhibitions and an archaeological park.
The surroundings of the town are interesting from a natural scientific, tourist, mushroom picking and recreational-sports point of view. Last but not least, there is also the possibility of cultural and social activities, especially in the summer.