In the 18th-19th centuries a large Jewish community lived in the village. After the sad events of World War II, the only remnant of this community in the village is the cemetery, which is located on a hillside Monks. The cemetery area in the shape of a rectangle is enclosed by concrete panels. A total of about 100 tombstones are placed in 5 rows. The artistic and historical value of the cemetery is the artistic and architecturally realized tombstones - in various forms and in various symbolic functional or decorative expression. The tombstones are mostly monolithic. The building material was largely sandstone, with lesser amounts of coarse- and fine-grained grey marble. A few gravestones are damaged and fallen down. Most date from the 19th century, some from the 20th century and the oldest are from the late 18th century. The most significant gravestone is a separate smaller 20th century structure. At the entrance there was a catafalque hall, with steps leading up to it. On the higher side of the cemetery stood three ohel (collapsed). The tombstones are characterised by nice sculptures and decoration. The cemetery is a precious proof of the once rich and large Jewish religious community in Pečovská Nová Ves.
The last rabbi who worked here was Naftali Soffer, who died in 1899 and is buried here in a brick tomb. After 1990 the cemetery became the property of the municipality, in 1997-2000 the cemetery was fenced and the tombstones rebuilt.




