The church was built in 1752. It was heavily damaged during the military operations of the Battle of the Dukla Pass in October and November 1944. The church was repaired thank to the locals after the end of the war. In 1968, the church was promoted to a national cultural monument.
The church tower is topped with an onion dome and a forged metal cross. The tented roof above the sanctuary and the nave is topped by conical turrets covered with shingles and wrought-iron crosses. The whole building, similarly to other wooden churches, is lined with vertically laid boards and slats which were restored in 2001. In front of the church portal is a small entrance hall, the roof of which is also covered with shingles.
Remains of murals have been preserved on the interior walls of the church. There is also a Baroque four-tier wooden iconostasis with royal doors dates from the second half of the 18th century. Some of the icons incorporated into the iconostasis are even older. The iconostasis and the altar were restored in the years 1969 – 1970 and then again in 2005. On the altar are miniature ancient columns and a small icon of the Virgin Mary.
The bell tower with three bells (from 1971, 1948 and 1970) was built in the 19th century and is located on the site where a bell tower from the 18th century once stood. At the top is a three-armed simple cross.