Municipality Tulčík lies in the northern part of the Prešov district, on the south-western edge of the Low Beskydy Mountains, in the valley of the Sekčov River. Like all the surrounding villages, it was the property of the Hungarian kings from the 11th century, which the kings retained with the local myth. In the middle of the 15th century the nobles from Rozhanovice and Perín gradually became interested in the ownership of the Tulčice estates and the revenues from the local serfs and toll. Although the Hungarian kings gave them Tulčík, they did not become the real owners of Tulčík. The nobles from Kapušiany defended their ownership of Tulčík.
Ancestors of the family The Kapis, who held property in the vicinity of Tulčík and Kapušiany until the 19th century, was Andrej, the son of Mikuláš, originally from the Pešt'any stool. King Sigismund gave it to Andrej in 1410 and subsequently allowed him to build a castle (today's Kapušian Castle). The most important representative of the family, Gabriel Kapi, is also the most mentioned in the visitations. At the beginning of the 18th century, he owned estates in several Šariš villages; among the family estates was the estate in Tulčík, as the seat of the parish, and also in one of the Tulčič philia, in Kapušany. The parish priest boarded with the Kapi family. At Kapušany it is mentioned that two fields belonged to the church, but now they are attached to the landowner's fields. Patrons should tithe to the parish priest, but they do not.In 1703 the situation seems to be better. The parish priest in Tulčík received from the landlord a quarter of the tithe and a quarter of the tithe, besides it is mentioned that he lived in the manor of Mr. Gabriel Kapi, he also had a servant and provision for two horses. In addition to this, however, he also owned a parsonage here, by which was a garden with plum trees planted, and in which was served a glebe. According to these records, there was also a dispute in the village, for parishioners and nobles from other villages testified to the visitator that the parish priest was prone to drinking alcohol, but Gabriel Kapi denied this. In the next visitation in 1712, it is only mentioned that the Kapi family owned the village. The devotional bequest for the Tulčice parish church was granted by the widow of Klobušický, who was Klara Kapi, Gabriel Kapi's sister. The parish priest also had daily meals in the Tulčice manor house, it is not stated whether he stayed there. In addition, the landowners gave him a quarter of a tithe from seven villages. No further information about the landlords is given for Kapusany. In 1843 Stefan Kapi pledged his property in Tulčík to Anton Ghillányi, but he was never able to redeem the pledge. Later on, other Kapi properties in Fulianka, Demjat and Nemcovce are mentioned among the Ghillányi properties, which implies that all the Kapi property rights were gradually transferred to the Ghillányi family.
The coat of arms of the Kapi family had a shield in golden colour. In it on one leg stands a crane with a helmet. From it protrudes the head of the crane with a neck halfway up the body.
In the first half of the 16th century, the noble Kapi family in Tulčík to build a manor house, that met the then requirements of the nobility for comfortable living. However, there are no surviving documents about when the manor house was built. In the middle of the 18th century, the Kapi family had a manor built in Tulčík. the second manor house, but we do not know the circumstances of its construction in detail. Both manor houses have been preserved until now.
The Baroque manor house from the mid-18th century is a two-storey block three-tract building with a rectangular plan and a mansard roof. The façade is articulated by rustication on the ground floor, pilasters and windows with banded tracery on the first floor, and a plain pediment and lambrequin on the parapet. The manor house stands among modern houses. It is in private hands.
The second manor house is known in the village as the large or lower manor house. It stands in the centre of the village, next to the church.
Tulčík Manor is a part of Šariš castle roads.
Source/photo: pamiatkynaslovensku.sk, Mariana Kosmačová, Jozef Kotulič, Ing.












