In 1929, the Jewish Society for the Care of the Sick (Chevra Bikur Cholim) rebuilt one of the houses into a synagogue on today’s Kláštorská Street. It is a simple building facing the street with its eastern façade, dominated by a pair of Gothic angled windows and the Hebrew inscription bearing the name of the association. In the right part of the building there is a long corridor from which doors to all the rooms open: the prayer hall, the study room, the women’s gallery on the first floor, the corridor leading to the courtyard where the remains of the sukkah have been preserved. The most representative space is the prayer hall. The benches face the east wall. Between the two Gothic windows there is a box with the Torah. On the south wall there are frescoes depicting the non-existent wing of the gallery. The whole interior is decorated with decorative ornamental paintings. The synagogue survived World War II without suffering any major damage thanks to the heroism of Anna Koperniechová, an administrator of non-Jewish origin, who was able to protect the building from attacks by locals as well as the German army. The last member of the Bardejov Jewish community, Maximilián Špíra, took care of the synagogue during communism and also during 1990s. The synagogue is one of the best preserved synagogues in Slovakia and at the same time an impressive monument to the Jewish past of the city.