The late-Baroque manor house of the Péchy-Kornhaizer families – Pečovská Nová Ves
The manor house is one of the largest manor houses in Pečovská Nová Ves. It was named after its last owner – the Jew Adolf Kornhaizer (popularly known as “Koneiser”). The manor house is a Baroque-Classicist single-storey building with a late-Renaissance core. Rebuilt several times, the building currently has an irregularly shaped floor plan as several extensions have been added to the L-shaped floor plan over time. The original two-tower single-storey late Renaissance manor house was rebuilt in the Baroque style in 1755 when two corner cylindrical towers were added. In the 19th century a classicist wing was added to the northwest part of the building. The Péchy family, who built the manor house, owned the building until the middle of the 19th century. The main entrance to the manor house led from the southwest side, as evidenced by the year carved on the arch of the portal (the entrance was bricked up). The area around the national cultural monument – the original entrance to the building, sidewalks, landscaping – was destroyed to make room for various municipal buildings (in the middle of the 20th century). The last owner of the manor house was Adolf Kornhaizer. During the 20th century, the building was divided among several owners and in the 60s and 70s it underwent extensive renovation.