The Baroque manor house of the Mariassy family – Pečovská Nová Ves
Over 500 years of the existence Pečovská Nová Ves, several mansions and manor houses have been built there. Even though many of them were demolished over time, fortunately, hidden behind the greenery of the side street still stands a ground-floor Baroque manor house from the second half of the 18th century (Ján Mariassy being the last owner). It is a single-storey block building with a mansard roof. On the ground floor there are 7 rooms with Baroque stucco decoration. In the attic are 3 rooms. In the basement, there are well-preserved vaulted cellars stretching under the whole building. The manor house has a park with an area of 1.5 hectares. The Mariassy Park – the English landscape garden with historic greenery was renovated in the 1970s.
There used to be two other similar buildings in the municipality. The late Renaissance manor house from the first third of the 17th century (the last owner being Antal Péchy) was built in the garden near the chapel of St. John. The late Renaissance manor house from the 17th century (the last owner being the wife of Ferenc Péchy) stood near the municipal office building. Both manor houses were seriously damaged by artillery in 1919 and the fell into disrepair.