Classicist manor house of the Szirmay family – Kurima
The Classicist mansion dates back to the early 19th century. It served as a summer residence of the Szirmay family who also owned the Makovica estate and the Zborov Castle. In the 17th century onwards, the family bought the Makovica estate and Kurima became an important municipality. On the ceiling in the central hall of the manor house murals depicting portraits of former nobles were still visible in the sixties of the last century. The murals were painted over in 1947 when the manor house became the seat of a burgher school, later a primary school. Extensive restoration of the manor house took place in the eighties of the 20th century.