Baroque Darholc family Manor house with a chapel – Šarišské Michaľany
The oldest preserved monument in Šarišské Michaľany municipality is a Renaissance manor house, which is situated in the lower part of the village, on the left bank of the Torysa River. A curia stood in its place in the 15th century. The preserved fence remains indicate an unchanged position of the manor. The manor house was built in 1585. In 1642 and 1736 it was also partially modified with later minor repairs, which include the addition of a baroque chapel in 1736. The manor is a single-storey block building with four polygonal (i.e. heptagonal) towers at the corners. On the west facade is located the original entrance to the manor house with a supraport. A U-shapes staircase on a stone masonry landing was not added to the entrance until the 19th century. One of the interesting elements is the decorative bifora in the facade of the south-eastern corner tower, created by two semi-circular windows, which are divided by columns with fluting. The original windows with stone chambranle are partially preserved on the facades. On one of the towers there is also a joined window, which is divided by three half-columns on high base. Many window openings are walled in from the inside. The interior itself is interesting, when taking into account that one of the original ceilings has been preserved, with decorations of statues of angels. The northwest tower was rebuilt to entrance into the chapel as well as a private entrance from the inside for the owner. Today, the manor is used as the seat of the municipal office and is open to the public.
There used to be a park next to the Renaissance manor house, however it was cut down in 1945 – 1949. The park and the Renaissance manor house were previously surrounded by a stone wall, which in some places was 2-3 meters high. There was a statue of John Nepomuk in a niche at the entrance. The wall was gradually tumbled down and the stones were used to build a road through the village.