The original wooden temple of unknown consecration was built in 1701. It is believed that it was probably destroyed by fire in 1727. However, in 1730 a new wooden temple dedicated to the Protection of the Blessed Virgin was completed in its place. The church was moved in 1931 to Bardejovské Kúpele, where it still attracts the attention of visitors today.
The log building is set on stone foundations. It has three rooms and three towers with three crosses. Two of the three towers are topped with onion domes. There is one bell in the main tower. The entrance is in the western part and leads to the hall.
There is also a five-tier iconostasis dating back from the 18th century. One of its parts is located in the Bardejov Museum, probably in a disassembled state. The skeleton of the iconostasis is original, as are the royal doors, the icons of the prophets, Deésis, and the icons below the main icons (5th tier). Copies were made from the four main icons, the icons of the feasts and the apostles in 2005. For unknown reasons, instead of the correct patronage icon, the church housed the Icon of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin.
The iconostasis has a double-leaf royal door. At the top are six medallions – four evangelists and two medallions of the Annunciation. Instead of the Last Supper there is the mandylion. The main tier consists of the icons of St. Nicholas the Bishop, the Mother of God, Christ the Teacher, and the erroneous icon of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin (there should be an Icon of the Protection of the Blessed Virgin). In the second tier are icons of the most important holy days. The third tier shows the icons of apostles, in the middle with Christ the High Priest, the Virgin and St. John the Baptist. The fourth tier contains four medallions, each with two figures of prophets. In the middle is a three-armed cross. The fifth row below the main line consists of the icons of King David, The Sacrifice of Isaac, Judith in the Holofernes’s military camp, Judith beheading Holofernes.
In the sanctuary there is an icon of the Protection of the Blessed Virgin from the 18th century.
The exterior of the temple was renovated in 2006.