The wooden church in Vyšná Polianka was built in 1919 on the site of the original church from 1810 which was destroyed during the First World War, probably by the passing army. The original church was consecrated to St. Paraskieva. The current temple is smaller in size and much simpler in architecture than the original one.
It is a small log building with three rooms, one tower and two crosses. The tower rises from the vestibule. Originally, the tower housed three bells, now there are only two.
The iconostasis is of no great artistic value.
The exterior of the temple was renovated in the 90s of the 20th century. The last renovation took place in 2004.