The Kysak Castle is now a ruin of its former glory. Above the municipality on the hill Hrad (Castle), there are still noticeable remains of a medieval settlement. The first written record of the castle above Kysak dates from 1335. The castle belonged to the Drienov branch of the Abov family and probably guarded the passage through the narrow valley of Hornád. The castle is thought to be built in the second half of the 13th century. We do not have enough information about its demise, though. Before the end of the 15th century, after the Abov family died out, the castle got into the hands of the royal family. The period documents often link the Kysak Castle with the name of the Hungarian ruler Matthias Corvinus, who often hunted in the vicinity. During the archaeological research carried out between 1991 and 1993, ceramic and metal fragments were found. These were professionally preserved and are presented at specialized exhibitions. Today, the remains of the castle above the village are still visible – remnants of the fortifications and residential areas.
Kysak Castle is part of the Šariš Castle Road.